About this item
- Changes the orientation of the sewing machine's spool pin
- Allows threads to feed untwisted or flat through the tension discs
- Result is a more uniform and flatter seam for a more professional looking project
- Helps eliminate breaking of metallic, polyester and invisible threads
- Fits on the vertical spool pin or bobbin winder of most sewing machines with new 4 screw base
Although you can run just one thread with the The Thread Director 2, it is also perfect for art quilters who want to thread paint by blending their own colors. Surface design using two threads at the same time is a breeze and embroiders can have quicker color changes. You can even make your own fabric totally out of thread. Try using a 12 wt. and a metallic thread running through a single eyed top stitch needle to achieve an unique texture to your project. Stitches will be uniform and even when doing twin needle work such as pintucks. Even sergers run smoother when you use the Thread Director. My Thread Director is a permanent fixture on my machine. I use it for everything!